Sunday has come and gone, hundreds if not thousands received the Holy Ghost Pentecost 2018 around the world. Pentecost was talked about in many if not all denominations with the Holy Spirit discussed with greater zeal and interest than in years past. As Pastor of the Pentecostals of Lafayette, Rev. Derald Weber stated not long ago in a message, “the world is having a Pentecost,” and indeed it is!
This is not to list all the services where 1, 20, 50, 100, 500, 1,000, 3,000 5,000 and yes even more have received the Holy Ghost in a service, this is about how the gospel is preached around the world today, but many are missing the significance!
Satellite, the Internet, global travel and even the U.N. spreads the gospel throughout the world today! Technology and the gospel travelling around the world are taking place in many different ways!
Luke 17:26-30 says in the days of Noah, people were enjoying banquets, parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered the Ark and the flood came and destroyed them all. In other words, it was a busy time, everybody was living life to the fullest, I’m sure Noah was preaching the Gospel, people were too busy to listen, they missed the signs, they didn’t believe Noah!
Matthew 24:14 says…
Matthew 24:14 (KJV)
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
The gospel will be preached to all nations, andthen the end will come! One has to wonder just how close to every kingdom and nation hearing the gospel we are, because Matthew 24:14 is emphatic, then the end willcome! It seems that there are very few if any places left that the gospel has not been preached!
I grew up hearing Israel’s rebirth as a nation discussed over and over. It was at the forefront of the discussion of prophecy. Where is that impact today? We have notable fulfilled prophecies concerning Israel!
1) Born in a Single Day– Isaiah predicted it (Isaiah 66:7-9). There has never been a nation that has ever came into being in a single day except for Israel, May 14, 1948
2) One, United Nation– Israel once divided into northern and southern kingdoms predicted by Isaiah and Ezekiel to become one united nation has come to pass! (Isaiah 11:13; Ezekiel 37:22)
3) The Desert Will Bloom– Isaiah predicted that Israel would bloom with agriculture, it has! Ezekiel said God’s people would re-enter the land and produce much fruit. (Isaiah 27:6; 35:1; Ezekiel 36:8-11)
4) Surrounded by Enemies– Scripture say that as Israel re-gathers, enemies would surround it; it takes no study to reach the conclusion that this is the state of Israel today. (Psalm 83:4; 83:12; Ezekiel 11:14-17; 35:10)
5) A Small Powerful Military– Ezekiel said that the re-gathered nation of Israel would field an exceeding great army (Ezekiel 37:10). Zechariah said it would be like a fire among sheaves of grain, burning up the neighboring nations (Zechariah 12:6). It would be exceedingly successful (Zechariah 12:8). Israel has astounded and frustrated the world with its military might and defense since 1948!
6) Generation Shall Not Pass –In Matthew 24, the disciples ask Jesus what will be the sign of His return. Jesus answers them throughout chapter 24 giving them signs. In verse 34 He explains, this generation shall not pass that sees these things and He is talking about the generation that witnesses the rebirth of Israel as a Nation and that witnesses all the signs that He is discussing. Psalm 90:10 references lifespan is between 70 and 80 years. We have edged past the 70-year mark of Israel becoming a nation again. Where does that put us on God’s time clock of His return? How important should this sign be?
A Ruinous Heap
The destruction of Damascus and Syria has finally gotten the attention of mainstream news media as it relates to bible prophecy. They’re asking the question, is the Chaos in Syria fulfilling bible prophecy? What I find interesting about this is that CNN, Fox News, CBN, UK Express, BBC, etc. is talking about this, but its being ignored by Christians. Very few are talking about Isaiah 17 and Psalm 83 that discusses the decimation of Damascus and Syria with Israel pulled into it. Could this be the chaos that debut’s the Antichrist? If so, how close does this put us to the coming of the Lord?
The day-to-day routine of occupying until He comes has taken the anticipation out of watching and waiting that our elders lived with. We are two thousand years past the Day of Pentecost, one hundred and eighteen years past Topeka, KS, one hundred and thirteen years past Azusa Street and it seems time has caught up with us! Are we falling to an old paradox “the further removed from an event one gets, the easier it is to forget?
We must never forget Matthew 24:44:
Matthew 24:44 (KJV)
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.